family pic

family pic

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The month of Thanks.....

Crockett Adventures-    This month my hubby and I got to go to the Boise Temple re-dedication.  It was the first one we have ever been to and the spirit was so overwhelming, its impossible to explain!  It really put into perspective what I need to be working on to become more like Christ! We also made a couple of visits to the hospital with my Parker Gene!  We got to see my older sister, Britt, and her kids for Britt's birthday and Thanksgiving!  I've missed them so much!  We haven't seen them since the beginning of this summer.  We had a lot of fun with them, even if it was only for two days.  They are growing so fast.  We were planning on going to Pocatello for Thanksgiving week, but poor Parker ended up sick so we stayed home with my family.  I was really bummed too, because I was really looking forward to shopping on black Friday with my best friend Tiffany, going to see the last/final Twilight movie with my sister Allison (which I still haven't seen) and of course seeing family.  We also celebrated my wonderful hubby's birthday.  Thank heavens for my sister, Desi, who helped me make dinner and cake for my hubby, since my kids were not in the greatest mood.  I'm so lucky to have him.  We also went to shopping on black Friday.  My mom watched the boys at home, while my hubby, my sisters (Desi and Keshia), and I went shopping Thursday night.  I did not like the fact that their starting Black Friday so early.  Its called Black Friday for a reason.  It was nice we were able to get half our Christmas shopping done, mainly all the boys and nephews gifts.  My mom's dog also had puppies for Thanksgiving and my kids wont leave them alone!  I've been busy making Christmas presents all month too!  We've been very blessed in our lives and with our little family!  I love all my family and extended family too!

Brayden

Adventures-  Well he hasn't had much going on this month.  He loved every minute with his cousins while they were done.  He followed Ty around everywhere.  When he woke up he would ask right away "where's Ty?"  He's become obsessed with the female puppy.  He even named her Baby Po (from Kung Fu Panda).  His most recent movie he watches all the time is "Kung Fu Panda".  He seemed to be more on the grouchy side and very whinny.  He is on and off about being nice with Parker.  He is nice at first, but if Parker doesn't respond nice back then he is mean and pushes him.  We have definitely been working on that, but I guess that's a 2yr old for ya.    He is very thoughtful tho and loves giving hugs.  He is a lot better about being nice to the dogs too, which he never means to.  He just didn't know how to be gentle when trying to hold or play with them.  He has become more dramatic in acting things out, which makes me think he'll be in the drama club lol!
   
Growth-  He is the same with all his learning stuff.  He's talking more clear everyday.  He is getting better at say everyone's name correctly. He is 37 in and 28 1/2 lbs.  He just got two of his 2yr molers in too, which explains why for almost a week he wouldn't eat anything.

Parker

Adventures- He as had not such a good month.  First he pushed over a big ceramic mold (about 50+ lbs) on his foot.  It was so bad he couldn't walk on it, so we took him to the hospital.  They took an x-ray and it wasn't broken, but bruised to the bone. It took a week before he could walk on it normal without limping or anything.  Then he was sick on Thanksgiving :( and we took him to the doc.  It was a virus that would of turned into strep throat.    He did have tons of fun with his all his aunts and cousins visiting.  He mainly wanted his Aunt Britt or Trelynn, mainly because they would always hold him 24/7!  He still likes to snuggle and be held all the time.  We now have seven shows he will sit and watch; "Megamind", "Cars", "Despicable Me", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", "A,B,C's", "Finding Nemo", and "Kung Fu Panda"!  Before all we could get him to watch was  "Megamind", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse",and "A,B,C's"!  He now has a routine every morning.  The first thing he does in watch a movie for an hour, while I fix breakfast and such.  I think he does it to help himself wake up more and not be so grouchy.  I personally don't think its a good thing, but its awful all day if he doesn't have the one hour of TV in the morning.  He has a temper tho.  If Brayden gets in his space without his permission he gets mad at Brayden.  That's when Brayden is mean back to Parker.  He throws big fits tho, but I've learned just to ignore him and they don't last as long.  He's a hitter tho and does it all the time, but no matter how many times I put him in time out or bed, he still does it!  He is a total opposite of Brayden.  He gets into everything on purpose just to make a mess and doesn't listen at all!  He's really good about going to sleep on his own and in his own bed, unless he is sick and then he has to have mommy lay with him.

Growth-  He still takes a bottle for naps and bed time, but every once in a blue moon he'll fall asleep without one.   He is talking a lot more and saying a lot more words now.  He is learning so fast.  There are too many words to put them all on here.  He is 33 in and 22 lbs.  He still only has 6 teeth too.

No comments:

Post a Comment